For example, someone asks if their partner is cheating. Basic astrology tells us that the ruler of relationships and partnerships is the 7th House. In the 7th House are a slew of unfortunate planets, and even Venus isn't looking very good. The obvious answer would be a "yes."
This all boils down to basic rulership. If you understand what the Houses rule, then you understand how to connect the Houses to a question.
- 1st House - that which is physical, the looks, the perspective, smaller lessons, life path, the face
- 2nd House - possessions that can be moved, people and things on your side, banks, money, the throat
- 3rd House - messages, mutualism, education, reports, arguments, siblings, neighbours, technology, articles, contracts, the voice, the arms
- 4th House - possessions that cannot be moved, wealth of ancestors, patriotism/nationalism, parents, gardens, the breasts
- 5th House - lottery, art, hobbies, music, children, parties, pleasure, pregnancy, sex
- 6th House - maids/servants, aunts and uncles, agriculture, libraries, pets and small animals, public servants, health, employees, the kidneys, the stomach
- 7th House - lovers, astrologers, marriage, seen enemies, business partners, lawsuits, the bladder
- 8th House - loans, others' money, murder, the occult, what we hide (as opposed to that which is hidden from us), death, fear, the genitalia
- 9th House - advice, long trips, astrology, beliefs and morals, church, divination, dreams, teachers, students, grandchildren, the hips
- 10th House - ambition, authority, the father, the career, reputation, public face, monarchs, government, success, the calves
- 11th House - allies of a group (family, nation, clique), good luck, motivation, friendship, mutual understanding, trust, the legs
- 12th House - that which is hidden from us, hidden enemies, bad luck, prison, irrational fear, large animals, slaves, witchcraft, the feet